Saturday, December 17, 2011

I Can Do All Things Through the Strength of Christ

I am significant... In Christ, I am significant; I renounce the lie that I am unimportant, inadequate, incompetent or powerless. I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

Phil 4:13-14  I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency]. 14 But it was right and commendable and noble of you to contribute for my AMP 

Adam Clarke's Commentary gives us these additional ideas.
'[I can do all things] It was not a habit which he had acquired by frequent exercise, it was a disposition which he had by grace; and he was enabled to do all by the power of an indwelling Christ. Through Him who strengtheneth me is the reading of some of the best MSS., versions, and fathers; the word ‎Christoo‎, Christ, being omitted. 
[Ye have well done] Though I have learned all these important lessons, and am never miserable in want, yet ye have done well in sending me relief in the time of affliction. '

It is refreshing and encouraging that this great well educated man of God was like us and needed God to give him the victory in everyday life.

No comments: