Monday, December 12, 2011

I am Significant I am God's Temple

'I am significant... In Christ, I am significant; I renounce the lie that I am unimportant, inadequate, incompetent or powerless. God says to me… I am God's temple' From Neil T Andersons works.

1 Cor 3:116 Do you not discern and understand that you [the whole church at Corinth] are God's temple (His sanctuary), and that God's Spirit has His permanent dwelling in you [to be at home in you, collectively as a church and also individually]? AMP

It may be hard for us to understand the imagery of the Temple unless we have read the Old Testament recently or done a study of all the occurrences of God interacting with His people both about it and from it.

One of the most notable items concerning the temple was the Holy of Holies into which only the high priest could enter and then only certain times. In fact they would tie a cord to His ankle incase God struck Him down while he was in the presence of God which resided in the Ark of the Covenant.

Today as a result of all that Jesus did for us we have the God in us when we are born again. Although this is perplexing to some as we grow in our relationship with God we realize on many levels the presence of God in us beyond just an intellectual understanding.

Today, I would have you join me in asking God to make His presence know to us as we seek Him through His Word, prayer and times of worship. Our opportunity to have a personal minute by minute relationship with God is a part of His original plan for us.

No comments: