Friday, December 02, 2011

I am Established, Anointed and Sealed by God

I am secure...In Christ, I am totally secure; I renounce the lie that I am guilty, unprotected, alone or abandoned. I am free from any condemnation brought against me I have been established, anointed and sealed by God. 2 Cor 1:21-22

21 But it is God Who confirms and makes us steadfast and establishes us [in joint fellowship] with you in Christ, and has consecrated and anointed us [enduing us with the gifts of the Holy Spirit];

22 [He has also appropriated and acknowledged us as His by] putting His seal upon us and giving us His [Holy] Spirit in our hearts as the security deposit and guarantee [of the fulfillment of His promise]. AMP
In ancient days the Kings insignia which was on his ring and carried the full weight of his authority. Documents and letters would have hot wax poured on them and the insignia stamped into the hot wax to seal a document and demonstrate the authority and approval of the king.
When God established something or someone they can be assured of His authority and seal which demonstrates the full weight of His authority, majesty and purpose. When vessels were to be used in the temple they would be anointed and set aside for that use alone. God’s anointing on our lived says we are set aside for Him. Our primary purpose is to honor Him in all we do.
These verses remind us that God’s purpose in our lives goes beyond what we may see from day to day. We are truly living a life with great purpose in Him!
Artwork: The Glory of God

No comments: