Tuesday, December 06, 2011

I am Secure I am a Citizen of Heaven

I am secure...In Christ, I am totally secure; I renounce the lie that I am guilty, unprotected, alone or abandoned. I am free from any condemnation brought against me I am hidden with Christ in God. I am a citizen of heaven. Phil 3:20

20 But we are citizens of the state (commonwealth, homeland) which is in heaven, and from it also we earnestly and patiently await [the coming of] the Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) [as] Savior, AMP
Webster’s gives the following definition for a citizen1: an inhabitant of a city or town; especially: one entitled to the rights and privileges of a freeman 2 a: a member of a state b: a native or naturalized person who owes allegiance to a government and is entitled to protection from it.
When you pull these meanings from the earthly context and put them into the context of heaven our rights and privileges which are given to us by God’s grace become a treasure to understand and rejoice in. Our need then becomes one of building a continually growing relationship with God. Passionately reading His Word daily to understand the full measure of this citizenship then becomes an adventure and joyful journey.
Father we ask for your help as we seek to live a life in relationship to you that pleases you and causes us to have the full measure of our heavenly citizenship. 

No comments: