Friday, August 26, 2011

The Work of God’s hands

God Calls You the Work of His hands
Metaphor: Work of God’s hands
Concept: God takes great joy in the work of His hands just as we take pride and joy in those things which we create. For us it is an almost incomprehensible that the creator of all life and matter considers us to be of greater value than all of the rest of His creation.

Isa 29:23; When they see among them their children, the work of my hands, they will keep my name holy they will acknowledge the holiness of the Holy One of Jacob, and will stand in awe of the God of Israel.
sa 45:11; "This is what the Lord says the Holy One of Israel, and its Maker: Concerning things to come, do you question me about my children, or give me orders about the work of my hands?
Isa 60:21; then will all your people be righteous and they will possess the land forever. They are the shoot I have planted, the work of my hands, for the display of my splendor. NIV

In the last of the Old Testament Metaphors it seems appropriate that we are focusing again on the mind starching reality that God Himself, the great ’I am that I am’ of Moses. The creator and maintainer of all that exist proclaims how much we mean to Him.
Today read and reread these verses and meditate on them. Let it sink deep within you the depth, and width and height of God’s rejoicing in you. May this truth chase away every doubt of your value and your importance. For you are  the ‘work of God’s hands’. This truth and reality cannot be shaken or denied by any circumstance of logic, it is an everlasting reality! So REJOICE IN IT!

No comments: