Friday, October 07, 2011

Metaphor: Holy Ones
Concept:  Holiness is Moral and ethical wholeness or perfection; freedom from moral evil. Holiness is one of the essential elements of God's nature required of His people. Holiness may also be rendered "sanctification" or "godliness." The word holy denotes that which is "sanctified" or "set apart" for divine service according to Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary, Copyright © 1986, Thomas Nelson Publishers.

1 Thess 3:13 So that He may strengthen and confirm and establish your hearts faultlessly pure and unblamable in holiness in the sight of our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) with all His saints (the holy and glorified people of God)! Amen, (so be it)! AMP

Our churches do not teach often or in depth any more about holiness or living a holy life. Living a holy life means to live a life set apart from the world to God. When Jesus prayed in John 17 He prayed about the disciples being in the world but not of it. 17:14-17 "I have given them Your word; and the world has hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  15 "I do not ask You to take them out of the world, but to keep them from the evil one.  16 "They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.  NASU

 1 Cor 10:13 No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it. NASU

God gives us the ability through His Sprit to live for Him in all of our ways and if we should fail in some way He has given us His grace and forgiveness. 1 John 1:9 says, If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. NASU.  

Living a life of holiness is possible. We will not be perfect until the next life but God provides us all we need to live set apart for Him now. 1 Cor 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. NASU

Father today I am in the world but not of it. Thank you that I can live a holy life set apart for you and should I fail, I can confess my sin to you and you will cleanse me and forgive me of all my sin according to your word.

No comments: