Thursday, October 13, 2011

God Calls us House of Israel

Metaphor: House of Israel
Concept: A New Covenant of the heart for all who call upon the name of the Lord, even Israel!

    Heb 8:8-10 However, He finds fault with them [showing its inadequacy] when He says, Behold, the days will come, says the Lord, when I will make and ratify a new covenant or agreement with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.

9 It will not be like the covenant that I made with their forefathers on the day when I grasped them by the hand to help and relieve them and to lead them out from the land of Egypt, for they did not abide in My agreement with them, and so I withdrew My favor and disregarded them, says the Lord.
10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will imprint My laws upon their minds, even upon their innermost thoughts and understanding, and engrave them upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. AMP
Beyond the awesome fact that God has not forgotten His people Israel and His promises to them is the realization that we are included as wild branched grafted into the promises of God to Israel.
We do not have a modern equivalent to the blood covenant which God had with Israel and which was consummated in the shedding of Jesus blood and His resurrection. This makes it difficult for us to comprehend the magnitude of what God is promising here. We however can see that the new covenant we have with God is of far greater magnitude than other relational or legal agreements we have today.

We can rejoice in God’s promises to us and we can stand in awe at the price that was paid for us to have this New Covenant in Christ.

No comments: