Thursday, January 12, 2012

WHEN YOU ARE WEIGHED DOWN BY SIN


“If you fear you will one day fall to temptation, grab hold of God's strength now and reinforce yourself to resist.

You can be absolutely certain that no sin is powerful enough to overwhelm God's strength. One Almighty is more than many "mighties"! He has shown His eagerness to rescue you over and over again. Provoked to the limit by His people's sins, what does He do? He issues a sweet promise! "I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger," He declares. And why not? "... For I am God, and not man" (Hosea 11:9). It is as though He said, "I will show you the almightiness of My mercy!"
Who can doubt the omnipotence of God? We know He has power to pardon if He so chooses. But there is a greater comfort than this for the believer; it rests in His covenant to pardon. As none can bind God but Himself, so none can break the bond He makes with Himself. These are His own words: "[I] will abundantly pardon" (Isaiah 55:7). In other words, "I will drown your sins in My mercy and spend all I have, rather than let it be said that My good is overcome by your evil."
So when Satan terrifies you with his awful accusations against your soul, you can say with confidence, "It is God and no other who justifies me. He has promised to restore my life if I submit to Him. Has He ever broken a promise? Therefore, I have committed myself to Him as unto a faithful Creator."
If you fear you will one day fall to temptation, grab hold of God's strength now and reinforce yourself to resist. Believe you will be victorious on the day you are tested. Your Father watches closely while you are in the valley fighting; your cries of distress will bring Him running. Jehoshaphat called for help when pressed by his enemies, and the Lord rescued him (2 Chronicles 20). You can be just as sure of His help when you are pressed to the wall. Remind Him often of His promise: "Sin shall not have dominion over you" (Romans 6:14).”
This is one of those daily teaching from our book that I see no way of editing or adding to. From  'The Christian in Complete Armour daily devotional by Gurnall and Bell.
http://www.moodypublishers.com/

No comments: