Thursday, July 29, 2010

I Went Away at Once

I Went Away at Once, Galatians 1:15-24

15 But when He, Who had chosen and set me apart [even] before I was born and had called me by His grace (His undeserved favor and blessing), saw fit and was pleased [Isa 49:1; Jer 1:5.]
16 To reveal (unveil, disclose) His Son within me so that I might proclaim Him among the Gentiles (the non-Jewish world) as the glad tidings (Gospel), immediately I did not confer with flesh and blood [did not consult or counsel with any frail human being or communicate with anyone].
17 Nor did I [even] go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles (special messengers of Christ) before I was, but I went away and retired into Arabia, and afterward I came back again to Damascus.
18 Then three years later, I did go up to Jerusalem to become [personally] acquainted with Cephas (Peter), and remained with him for fifteen days.
19 But I did not see any of the other apostles (the special messengers of Christ) except James the brother of our Lord.
20 Now [note carefully what I am telling you, for it is the truth], I write this as if I were standing before the bar of God; I do not lie.
21 Then I went into the districts (countries, regions) of Syria and Cilicia.
22 And so far I was still unknown by sight to the churches of Christ in Judea (the country surrounding Jerusalem).
23 They were only hearing it said, He who used to persecute us is now proclaiming the very faith he once reviled and which he set out to ruin and tried with all his might to destroy.
24 And they glorified God [as the Author and Source of what had taken place] in me. AMP
Reread Paul’s Holy Spirit breathed testimony and go back in your own life to review how the grace of God the great Creator of all that is has been or ever will be was and has been revealed in your life. Rejoice as you remember how He has repeatedly demonstrated His love toward you even in your weak times or failures. Pray for Him to reveal His glory and majesty in your life.
Ps 90:16-17
Let Your work [the signs of Your power] be revealed to Your servants, and Your [glorious] majesty to their children. 17 And let the beauty and delightfulness and favor of the Lord our God be upon us; confirm and establish the work of our hands — yes, the work of our hands, confirm and establish it. AMP

No comments: