Monday, July 19, 2010

He Is With Me

He Is With Me, John 8:28-29 & John 14:6-11

28 So Jesus added, When you have lifted up the Son of Man [on the cross], you will realize (know, understand) that I am He [for Whom you look] and that I do nothing of Myself (of My own accord or on My own authority), but I say [exactly] what My Father has taught Me.
29 And He Who sent Me is ever with Me; My Father has not left Me alone, for I always do what pleases Him. AMP
John 14:6-11
6 Jesus said to him, I am the Way and the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except by (through) Me.
7 If you had known Me [had learned to recognize Me], you would also have known My Father. From now on, you know Him and have seen Him.
8 Philip said to Him, Lord, show us the Father [cause us to see the Father — that is all we ask]; then we shall be satisfied.
9 Jesus replied, Have I been with all of you for so long a time, and do you not recognize and know Me yet, Philip? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say then, Show us the Father?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in Me? What I am telling you I do not say on My own authority and of My own accord; but the Father Who lives continually in Me does the (His) works (His own miracles, deeds of power).
11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe Me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust Me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.] AMP
My Comments
It is important for Jesus to reveal His relationship and oneness with the Father, both for the Jewish people and for us today so that we see that He and Father are one and that He is the fulfillment of the law and the prophets. This is also needed so that the Satan and followers of false religions cannot say with any authority that Jesus is simply a prophet or teacher as the Muslims and others who want to deny Jesus as Messiah do. The Gospels proclaim Jesus as the Son of God and The Son of Man. Although this truth is hard for our limited minds to understand it is true according to the Bible which is the only authoritative Word of God.
Solitude can give us the opportunity to encounter God in a deeper way, His living and written Word, as well as the presence of the Holy Spirit. This interaction can make us deeply aware of the Oneness of the God who is three in one. He also makes us aware of His desire to be one with us in every moment of our life.
Meditate on these verses. “Believe Me (Jesus) that I am in the Father and the Father in Me (Jesus).

No comments: