Sunday, July 18, 2010

I Sat Alone









I Sat Alone, Jeremiah 15:15-21

15 O LORD, you know; remember me and visit me,
and bring down retribution for me on my persecutors. In your forbearance do not take me away; know that on your account I suffer insult.
16 Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart; for I am called by your name, O LORD, God of hosts.
17 I did not sit in the company of merrymakers, nor did I rejoice; under the weight of your hand I sat alone, for you had filled me with indignation.
18 Why is my pain unceasing, my wound incurable, refusing to be healed? Truly, you are to me like a deceitful brook, like waters that fail.
19 Therefore thus says the LORD: If you turn back, I will take you back, and you shall stand before me. If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless, you shall serve as my mouth. It is they, who will turn to you, not you who will turn to them.
20 And I will make you to this people a fortified wall of bronze; they will fight against you, but they shall not prevail over you, for I am with you to save you and deliver you, says the LORD.
21 I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and redeem you from the grasp of the ruthless. NRSV
MY COMMENTS
It is both a joyous and fearful thing to be called into ministry for God. It does not matter if it is to a fivefold office from Ephesians 4:10 or a market place ministry as a cook or a politician. When we say yes to god there is great joy and responsibility to be a vessel of honor for God.
Satan, aka, Lucifer is jealous of God and therefore of us who serve God. His schemes to distort, delay or destroy everything God is doing in and through us. Along with that fact is the old saying, “If you are in the Light the darkness is not happy with you.”The world, the flesh and the devil have one thing in common which causes them to not like you if you are a believer; you are in the light of God. So as one old pastor told me, stay in the light no matter how fierce the storm and you will win the battle.
When you think you are alone in serving God turn toward God and He will show you the way!

No comments: