Friday, September 16, 2011

The City of My God

Metaphor: City of My God
Concept:  You have a permanent home with God in the City He is building for those who love and serve Him.    
Rev 3:12.  He who overcomes (is victorious), I will make him a pillar in the sanctuary of My God; he shall never be put out of it or go out of it, and I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the new Jerusalem, which descends from My God out of heaven, and My own new name.  [Isa 62:2; Ezek 48:35.] AMP

There are rewards for diligently seeking God as mentioned in Heb 11:6. This diligence turns us into overcomers and God honors and rewards overcomers. The imagery of being made a pillar is uncommon today, but it sets forth the image or idea of faithfulness, steadfastness, someone who is unmovable and strong in their walk and life in God. This does not mean they never fail God or that they are perfect in all their ways. It does mean that they keep on keeping on. They keep getting up, repenting when necessary and holding on strong to the goodness and grace of God. None of us are faultless, but all of us can be clean continually as we depend of God and His Word for life and truth.

I am reminded of 1 John 1:9 If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].’ AMP

I the NT Greek the verb for cleanse has what we call a present continuous meaning in that it starts at a point in time and continues on indefinitely.

 Father, thank you that by your grace we are overcomers and that you have an eternal home built for us and you will always be with us!

No comments: