Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The Word of the Lord

Meditations and Prayers Relating to the (Ways, Law, Testimonies, Precepts, Statues, Commandments, Judgements) of the Lord

Ps 119:1-8 Aleph.

How blessed are those whose way is blameless,Who walk in the law of the LORD. 2 How blessed are those who observe His testimonies,Who seek Him with all their heart. 3 They also do no unrighteousness;They walk in His ways. 4 You have ordained Your precepts, That we should keep them diligently. 5 Oh that my ways may be established To keep Your statutes! 6 Then I shall not be ashamed When I look upon all Your commandments. 7 I shall give thanks to You with uprightness of heart,When I learn Your righteous judgments. 8 I shall keep Your statutes; Do not forsake me utterly! NASU \

Ways, Law, Testimonies, Precepts, Statues, Commandments, Judgements

Ps 119:1-8

BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, to be envied) are the undefiled (the upright, truly sincere, and blameless) in the way [of the revealed will of God], who walk (order their conduct and conversation) in the law of the Lord (the whole of God's revealed will).
2 Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are they who keep His testimonies, and who seek, inquire for and of Him and crave Him with the whole heart.
3 Yes, they do no unrighteousness [no willful wandering from His precepts]; they walk in His ways. [1 John 3:9; 5:18.]
4 You have commanded us to keep Your precepts, that we should observe them diligently.
5 Oh, that my ways were directed and established to observe Your statutes [hearing, receiving, loving, and obeying them]!
6 Then shall I not be put to shame [by failing to inherit Your promises] when I have respect to all Your commandments.
7 I will praise and give thanks to You with uprightness of heart when I learn [by sanctified experiences] Your righteous judgments [Your decisions against and punishments for particular lines of thought and conduct].
8 I will keep Your statutes; O forsake me not utterly. AMP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a neat confirmation of what the Holy Spirit has been having me to meditate upon. In fact, I just memorized verses 1,2 the other day. Perhaps I will memorize Psalm 119 in its entirety-- a worthy goal.

Bless you.