Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Catch a Vision of Him then You can Fulfill His Call

What is your perception of God? Is it grand and full of wonder? Or is it small and common place. The Bible gives us several glimpses of God that reveal his majesty power and greatness. These passages display the wonder of His might and His Glory.

Catch the Vision
If we are to grasp the Call of God on our life we must understand His majesty and greatness. We some times say He is the creator and sustainer of our faith in quoting from the Book of Hebrews. But when is the last time you had a reminder of God as Creator of all that exist?

Job 38:4-5 Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Declare to Me, if you have and know understanding. Who determined the measures of the earth, if you know? Or who stretched the measuring line upon it? AMP


Read all of Job chapters 38-42 to get the full picture.

My Job Encounter: Can you keep your lungs and eyes working? Early in my walk with God I had made a bad choice and I had a God encounter that forever changed my walk with God. God reminded me of what I had learned in high school about the workings of my eyes in all of the details. Then He asked if I wanted to keep them working? He then went on to my lungs and once again reminded me in detail of how they worked and He asked me again if I wanted to keep them working. Realizing that on my own I could not I was struck with awe and fear. My relationship with God took a giant step on that day. I had a renewed and clear understanding of His might, majesty and holiness.

Rev 1:12-16 Our next scriptural view of God's Majesty today is this passage.
12 Then I turned to see [whose was] the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lamp stands, 13 And in the midst of the lamp stands [One] like a Son of Man, clothed with a robe which reached to His feet and with a girdle of gold about His breast.

Dan 7:13; 10:5. 14 His head and His hair were white like white wool, [as white] as snow, and His eyes [flashed] like a flame of fire. [Dan 7:9.] 15 His feet glowed like burnished (bright) bronze as it is refined in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.

[Dan 10:6.] 16 In His right hand He held seven stars, and from His mouth there came forth a sharp two-edged sword, and His face was like the sun shining in full power at midday. [Ex 34:29.] AMP

Read all of Revelation chapters 1-5 to get a start of this inside look at the wonder of God and His workings. Answer the call Isa 6:1-3 and 6:8 This passage brings the majesty of God into a new context.
...I saw the Lord seated on a throne, high and exalted, and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphs, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying: 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" NIV

The end result of a clear revelation of the majesty and power of God should be awe, fear and a willingness to do what He ask of desires with all of our strength and might. It should fire us up to run the race that is set before us!

Run the Race to Win and Fulfill the Call
When we begin to have the eyes of our heart opened and begin to comprehend the power and work of God within us, when we review the great cloud of witnesses that have gone before us and are reminded of the price Jesus paid for His victory on our behalf we are motivated to not grow weary and lose heart but to look to Jesus who is the author and finisher of our faith and the originator of our Call for all that is needed to Fulfill the Call!

Ephesians 1:18-22 18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe.

Heb 12:1-3 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3 Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. NIV

Will you answer His call today?

He is waiting to hear your reply!

Artwork "Manifold Majesty" by Graham Braddock @ http://www.majesticartworks.com/

No comments: