Sunday, February 03, 2013

His Purpose for Me

Psalm 138:8

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O LORD, endures
forever – do not abandon the works of your hands.     NIV



     "It’s good to know that God has a purpose for each one of us.
The Scripture there does not say that the Lord will fulfill my purpose;
it says the Lord will fulfill His purpose for me. There’s a great
difference. I may have one purpose; God may have another. God
does not guarantee that He will fulfill my purpose, but He does
promise that He will fulfill His purpose.

     And then the psalmist goes on to say, “Your love, O LORD [and
that means ‘your covenant-keeping faithfulness’], endures forever.”
When God commits Himself to us to fulfill His purpose in our lives,
that is a commitment for time and for eternity.

     And then, maybe out of a situation of desperation, the psalmist
says, “Do not abandon the works of your hands.” I remember once
being at the deathbed of a lady who was dying of cancer, a strong
believer. She read that last verse in the version of The Living Bible:
“You made me; don’t abandon me.” And she had strong assurance as
she read those words: “You made me; don’t abandon me.” But that’s
for each one of us. God made us; He will not abandon us. He has a
purpose; He’s going to fulfill it. Maybe it won’t be your purpose, but
it will be His purpose. That purpose will stand sure and unshakable
no matter what you go through."


—Derek Prince

No comments: