Sunday, June 27, 2010

Give Me Understanding

 Give Me Understanding, Psalm 119:33-40

Day 6 of our study on meditation.
33 Teach me, O Lord, the way of Your statutes, and I will keep it to the end [steadfastly].
34 Give me understanding, that I may keep Your law; yes, I will observe it with my whole heart. [Prov 2:6; James 1:5.]
35 Make me go in the path of Your commandments, for in them do I delight.
36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies and not to covetousness (robbery, sensuality, unworthy riches). [Ezek 33:31; Mark 7:21,22; 1 Tim 6:10; Heb 13:5.]
37 Turn away my eyes from beholding vanity (idols and idolatry); and restore me to vigorous life and health in Your ways.
38 Establish Your word and confirm Your promise to Your servant, which is for those who reverently fear and devotedly worship You. [Deut 10:12; Ps 96:9.]
39 Turn away my reproach which I fear and dread, for Your ordinances are good.
40 Behold, I long for Your precepts; in Your righteousness give me renewed life. AMP


Today I would challenge you to ask yourself if you have lost or never had the passion, discipline and focus of reading, meditating, memorizing and then examining your life to see how you should apply and put God’s Word to work in your life today.
    If needed ask God to make you willing and able to do this.
Phil 2:13 For it is God which works in you both to make you willing and to do of His good pleasure.
    Ask him to help you set aside the time, to find the place so that you might do this. Cry out to him, humble yourself and ask for His mercy to make the way straight for you into His heart through His Word, for as you long for His precepts, read, meditate upon, memorize and apply His Word He will renew your life in Him in deeper levels of transforming power.

No comments: