Tuesday, August 02, 2011

God Calls You One of His Congregation

Metaphor: The Congregation
Concept: There is a group of which the Lord Himself is God, and Shepherd to which we belong and to which we have a responsibility to declare the name’s and wonders of our God.

Ps 22:22, I will declare Your name to my brethren; in the midst of the congregation will I praise You.  [John 20:17; Rom 8:29; Heb 2:12.] AMP

My imagination is running full speed as I try to grasp the wonder and magnitude of this verse. That You and I who have been rescued from the clutches of the world the flesh and the devil and transferred into the kingdom of Light, the Kingdom of God’s dear Son are counted a part of the Congregation of the Creator and sustainer of all that is, was or ever shall be! What an, awe inspiring and magnificent thought and reality, no wonder the psalmist proclaims that He will declare the ‘I am that I am’ name to his brethren; in the midst of the congregation He will praise God.
Our lives have many ups and downs many joys and sorrows, but the midst of them keep this truth in mind and you will find yourself doing as the psalmist did and therefore being a blessing and encouragement to the others who are a part of The Congregation of the Lord Himself!

No comments: